AccessibilityOz is an accessibility consultancy with clients across Australia. We have been working with state, local and federal Government clients for over four years in the area of accessibility. AccessibilityOz is a W3C Member, an IBM Business Partner and a Member of the Australian Internet Industry Association.
Energy Rating web site accessible redevelopment
AccessibilityOz is proud to announce the launch of the new Energy Rating web site. We redesigned the site and WordPress template to meet accessibility guidelines, as well as fixed the top ten pages for accessibility compliance. And we did it all in two months!
We rebuilt the site in time to match the launch date of the new Energy Rating mobile app. So, of course the new Energy Rating web site had to work on a number of different mobile and tablet devices. We also did a bunch of other stuff, such as personas and scenarios, a content audit, google stats analysis and interaction design analysis. Read more about the Energy Rating project on our blog or under our Services section, or visit the Energy Rating site and check it out for yourself!
What is Accessibility?
Website accessibility is the ability for a person with a disability to understand and use a website – without being labelled as ‘disabled’.
Did you know:
- The Disability Discrimination Act (2009) requires all organisations and individuals to make their websites, intranets and ICT web applications accessible.
- Government websites need to be WCAG2 Level AA accessible by December 2014.
- Business and corporate websites need to be WCAG2 Level AA accessible by December 2013.
How we can help you
At AccessibilityOz, we’re passionate about helping our clients identify current accessibility issues and plan for an accessible future online.
Do you need help to:
- Audit your website to work out if your website is accessible and identify the problems.
- Train your staff – both managers and content authors.
- Evaluate accessibility during your site build – do it now and save money later.
- Write your Website Disability Action Plan – outline your website accessibility plans for the future
- Have your questions answered with accessibility consultation or 10 helpdesk hours.